ARCHERY & SKYBOW
Archery - All very welcome
Harness your inner Robin Hood with this fun 60 minute archery experience at FireFly Activities in Kent. You’ll begin by learning how to shoot a bow on a static target, before putting your newfound skills to the test during a fun Sky Bow session. An increasingly popular new outdoor pursuit, Sky Bow involves aiming a bow and arrow at moving targets as they fly through the air. An experienced instructor will accompany you throughout, offering an array of tips and advice along the way. By the end you’ll be shooting rounds like a true professional!
Age: - for ages 10+
Time: - 1 Hour
Want something differnt? - Try Axe throwing instead
This is an hour of combined Traditional Archery and Skybow a moving target archery. Set in a five acre field with views of the Kent countryside, you will have half an hour of Traditional Archery shooting at target bosses. Then when you have homed your skills there, we move onto the Skybow, where a foam disc is launched into the sky waiting for someone to put their arrow into it. This also lasts for half an hour. The age limit for this is 10 years and over.
- You are over 10 years of age.
- You are able to understand and follow basic safety instructions.
- You have no alcohol in your blood.
Special caution should be taken with:
- Back problems/disc problems.
- Discloated shoulders in the past.
- Osteoporosis or similar bone illnesses.
- You are unable to lift and draw a bow.
- You feel you are unable to handle a weapon for any reason.
- Customers need to arrive on site 15 minutes before their session for check in, safety briefings and orientation time. Failure to do this may result in you missing your session.
- No you do not need a licence to experience archery. We can show you the basic and give you hints and tips on how to become an expert archer in no time.
- The minimum age for archery and shooting is 10 years old.
- No but all participants must be able to handle and draw a bow.
- 14 people are able to shoot at the same time. This means you are able to compete with up to 13 other people at once. Our standard sessions are 60 minutes and have a maximum of 14 people per session. Larger groups booking private hire can take turns to go head to head with one another throughout the session and collect scores at the end.
- The bows require a certain amount of strength and mobility in order to be able to draw the bowstring back effectively. You will also experience some tension followed by the rapid loss of that tension when you loose (release) the arrow. If you have a mild back or neck problem that wouldn't be effected by this, then as long as you are aware of the risks, we would be happy to allow you to take part.
- However if you are in any doubt we would advise you talk to your doctor for further advice before making your booking.
- If you do not release the arrow properly then you may experience some friction burns to your arm and fingers. We do provide you with arm protection and finger tabs to prevent this from happening.
- A safetly briefing and instructor supervision throughout the session is designed to give every person on the range the necessary knowledge to prevent an incident happening.
- Firefly Activities supplies the equipment you need to do archery. There is no separate charge or hire fee for these. All you need to bring is your gift voucher or booking confirmation and comfortable clothing.
- Spectators are welcome to sit and watch the archers. There is a small seating area. All spectators must also watch the safety briefing.
- Firefly Activities supplies the equipment you need to do archery as part of a session. you are welcome to bring along your own equipment provided it meets with our approval.
- All equipment comes with all packages