Crossbow - For ages 14+
Crossbow Shooting is a unique combination, requiring the skills of archery and rifle shooting. We use the latest Crossbows; fitted with either a traditional “open” style sight, or a modern telescopic sight.
Age: - for ages 14+
Time: - 1 Hour
Want something differnt? - Try Archery instead
A one hour session of Crossbow shooting. Located next to the Archery and Skybow with the same beautiful views of the Kent countryside. You will be shooting open sighted competition crossbows at our multi-point crossbow bag targets, with a steady hand and the right instruction, everyone will succeed here. The age limit is 14 years and over.
- You are over 14 years of age.
- You are able to understand and follow basic safety instructions.
- You have no alcohol in your blood.
Special caution should be taken with:
- Back problems/disc problems.
- Discloated shoulders in the past.
- Osteoporosis or similar bone illnesses.
- You are unable to lift and draw a bow.
- You feel you are unable to handle a weapon for any reason.
- Customers need to arrive on site 45 minutes before their session for check in, safety briefings and orientation time. Failure to do this may result in you missing your session.
- No you do not need a licence to experience the Crossbow. We can show you the basic and give you hints and tips on how to become an expert in no time.
- The minimum age for the crossbow is 14 years old.
- Seven people are able to shoot at the same time. This means you are able to compete with up to six other people at once. Our standard sessions are 60 minutes and have a maximum of 7 people per session. Larger groups booking private hire can take turns to go head to head with one another throughout the session and collect scores at the end.
- The crossbows require a certain amount of strength and mobility in order to be able to draw the cross bowstring back effectively. You will also experience some tension followed by the rapid loss of that tension when you loose (release) the arrow. If you have a mild back or neck problem that wouldn't be effected by this, then as long as you are aware of the risks, we would be happy to allow you to take part.
- However if you are in any doubt we would advise you talk to your doctor for further advice before making your booking.
- A safetly briefing and instructor supervision throughout the session is designed to give every person on the range the necessary knowledge to prevent an incident happening.
- Firefly Activities supplies the equipment you need to do the crossbow. There is no separate charge or hire fee for these. All you need to bring is your gift voucher or booking confirmation and comfortable clothing.
- Spectators are welcome to sit and watch. There is a small seating area. All spectators must also watch the safety briefing.
- Firefly Activities supplies the equipment you need as part of a session. you are welcome to bring along your own equipment provided it meets with our approval.
- All equipment comes with all packages